Monday, November 16, 2009

Fireproofed

So, I watched a movie over the weekend and what a movie it was! At first the acting was so bad I wanted to switch the T.V. off but once the plot began to thickin, I looked past the acting and was very much into the premise. This movie is about how a marriage became "off course" and the couple forgot how to love one another. So the husband and wife are at wits end and decide that divorce would be the only option until good ol' paternal dad shows his son another way. It's called the Love Dare and it starts with Day 1 and goes for 40 days total (not necessarily ending at Day 40). The husband decides this is the option he would rather go for and see how far it takes him. He starts out the Love Dare and by Day 20 he hasn't gotten very far with his wife who has absolutely no idea what has become of her husband. What hasn't been discovered by this man is the love for the Lord. That is where the story starts...The love for God means so much to me.

Anyway, back to the movie and WHY I need to write about it. This movie (if watched completely through) has such a powerful message that made me look at my own marriage. I have been married for almost 7 years now and as much as I would love to say it's perfect, it isn't. Every relationship has hiccups along the way and that's to be expected but if you don't try to better it, what's the point in staying? So, back to my point, after watching this movie I have made a decision to try the Love Dare and document what happens along the way. This can only help my relationship with my wonderful hubbs so why not?!

BTW, the movie is called Fireproof, I highly recommend watching it=D

1 comment:

Stephani Nicole Anneler said...

That movie was awesome!!! Such a good Christian movie, i too reccomend everyone to see it!!